Skip to main content

Day 1 of NaBloPoMo :)

I have been an irregular blogger to say the least. I do have so many things in my mind that I could share, but most of the times I don’t allow myself the quiet space or time to be able to formulate a decent piece of writing and then post it on the blog. Sometimes, I come up with something nice, in my mind, and then promptly proceed to analyse, dissect and destroy it. However, I have always wanted to be able to write witty, humorous, thought-provoking or simple daily-life occurrences regularly…the key word being ‘regularly’ :)

I stumbled upon NaBloPoMo and was immediately interested. I read up all the FAQs. Then I read some blogs who were doing it. Yet I feared that I would not be able to keep this commitment. From blogging one day in each month to blogging each day in one month seems quite an ambitious project for me. So I mulled over it for two days and finally today I decided that I would take the plunge. Be it a tiny post or a long one, be it something significant and interesting or something really ordinary, I am determined to post every single day from today for one month. So here goes…

****************************************************************************

A few others and I have collectively battled a crisis of major proportions and are on the verge of recovery. The road ahead is still going to be full of challenges. Presently there is a lull in the storm and as I sit back, I am playing back in my mind the happenings of the past two months, looking at where we all are today and reinforcing to myself the lessons learnt…about myself, about people around me, about the nature of crises, about life in general. We are all looking and feeling battered and bruised…naturally, considering that we are slowly recuperating from a long battle. Here are some random realisations, observations, lessons:

Being positive and solution-oriented at all times in a crisis situation, works extremely well for me. I do not allow myself to be bogged down for more than a couple of minutes at a time. I operate on high self-awareness and start pushing myself to look at the blessings and to look for remedies for the situation almost as soon as I start feeling depressed. I have a tough core and I have my parents, my upbringing and all life-situations I have faced in the past, to thank for that.

Crises seem to have a perverse streak…or so it seems to us when we are in them. They stretch beyond all expectation and rational estimation. I think the key to crack the code is to have / generate enough sustaining power in your mind that outlasts the sustaining power of the crises.

I had read a poem many years ago, titled Don’t Quit. One line in it went something like this: ‘Many a failure turns about, when he might have won had he stuck it out’. This line, in fact this entire poem, is true for me since I have experienced it.

So, taking off from this poem, I am not going to quit until I complete the NaBloPoMo challenge that I have set for myself. Go get it girl ! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How NOT to compère a function

Recently I attended an awards ceremony. It was a grand function with a huge audience in attendance. Many awards were given and some speeches too. The compère was, unintentionally, terribly funny ! In this function, when the compère announced the first award winner, he announced, “Please welcome on stage Mr. X (pause) married to (pause) wife Mrs. X (pause) from 1977 and successfully (pause) completed 32 years of (pause) married life…” I had tears in my eyes from laughing too hard :D Later, the same compère, while telling the audiences about a certain award winner, said, “…he is married (pause) to wife Mrs. Z (pause) and enjoys playing with his (pause) children K and M. His favourite (pause) holiday destination is (pause) the beaches (pronounced as ‘bitches’) of (pause) Goa” I nearly died choking with laughter for this one ! In the 45 minutes that he was on stage he was responsible for much hilarity due to his totally inappropriate commentary. I, of course, laughed my guts out and what c

‘Geographically challenged’

I laughed my guts out while reading this . Then I had another bout of laughter thinking of all the incidents that happen with me. For a long time now I have known that I am, what I like to call, ‘geographically challenged’ :) Situation 1 - If I go inside a building (happens mostly with residential buildings), then after I exit the lift (elevator) or come down the stairs, I cannot quickly locate the gate ! Situation 2 - If I am inside a building, I will routinely point in wrong directions to indicate places outside the building. Situation 3 - I am presently at office. I have come here from home. Now I have to go to some place where I have always gone from home and never from office. What do I do ? I go home first and from there I go to that place. It doesn’t matter if it is a longer distance or takes more time. I have to do this, because simply have no mechanism to re-align my mental map to my present location ! Situation 4 - Another thing is that if I have come to your place in

Love in the rains :)

Heart shaped ditch on a construction site next to our office building ! Closer view of the 'heart' ! You can find love in the most unusual places ! :)